Serving Tennessee businesses through all phases of startup and growth, providing unmatched legal expertise and consulting
Our Story – “The great unknown leads to great reward.”
In 2010, the United States was three years into one of the worst recessions in history. Rachel Schaffer Lawson was among thousands of students who graduated at that time, wondering what awaited them – if anything at all – in the workforce.
The results were dismal: Very few places were hiring and those that were happened to not be in the field of law. After sending countless resumes and attending numerous informational meetings, Rachel was at her wits end.
There was a saying that had always stuck with Rachel throughout difficult times: “If the fear of doing something is why you are not doing it, that is not a good enough reason.” With that in mind, she leapt into the unknown realm of entrepreneurship and launched Schaffer Law Firm PLLC March 1, 2011.
Rachel remembers that first year as a business owner as the scariest, while at the same time, the most exciting year of her life. Within the first six months, the business was profitable, virtually unheard of, then and now. Five years in, business has grown 25 percent each year and has expanded to serve clients in the hospitality and nonprofit industries. And of course we would never forget about our fellow entrepreneurs.
- Schaffer Law Firm takes a holistic approach to our clients.We believe in understanding the core of the businesses and organizations we represent, to better provide solutions to their challenges.
- Legal solutions, not just legal advice. With the laws affecting small businesses changing every year, it’s difficult for a small business owner to stay on top of all these changes. We stay current on all changes to the law and make it our business to provide the most cutting-edge solutions to our clients’ so that they can focus on their business
- We build long-term relationships with our clients. We’re the kind of people you like to keep in your corner for a very long time. We’re in this with you for the long haul.
- We’re entrepreneurs who understand entrepreneurs. With an entrepreneur at the helm of Schaffer Law Firm, we can provide valuable insights to our clients that we institute for our own business experience.
- We offer free initial consultations. We don’t believe you should have to pay for the privilege to talk to us. We want to hear your goals with absolutely no pressure.
- Small business-oriented law firm. We believe there is no such thing as a business too small to be able to hire and afford quality legal assistance. We truly are small business attorneys!